I believe the body is a messenger. Deep messages manifests through our body. The question is, how fluent we are in the language that the body uses to speak to us? How much do we understand that language? How much do we actually listen to this messenger?
I personally haven’t been listening to my body talking to me for many many years, and here I am now, having to learn a new language, the language I was born with but have lost because I haven’t practiced it. The language of my Self talking to me through my body. Yes, I strongly believe that our Self talks to us through our body. Anything that happens in our body is a word, a sentence, a story, a sign. A meaning is hidden behind any physical manifestation.
I want to learn that language now for different reasons but the most important one is that I believe in the healing power that we hold in ourselves, in our body, mind and soul, and I believe that nobody better than us knows what we need and what to do.
In all my life I have had “small” little things going on in my body that I have never deeply analyzed. Eczema is an old time companion, since I was 5 years old. Bowel issue is another one, since teenager. Reproductive system issues another good friend, since my first cycle. Yes, small little things, nothing major that could have stopped me to keep on going, no major disabilities. Everybody has something, right? Well, with that mentality I ended up having issues in conceiving, suffering of IBD, and having strong eczema rushes that forced me to stay in bed without being able to move my face and hands without opening a wound in my skin.
I have seen many doctors, gynaecologists, dermatologists, gastroenterologists, and they have all given me emergency treatments that in some way helped but never cured fully. Some time after the end of those treatments the symptoms were coming back again. I have then started to be more interested in holistic medicines, homeopathy, aromatherapy, naturopathy, nutrition and so on, and they have all taught and supported me a lot. Much softer approach, longer treatments but much longer effects. In all cases the symptoms, even if lighter than before, they have all come back again. There was still something missing, something that was not allowing me to heal fully. What was it? Many years in trying to understand until I fully realized what that thing was. It was me.
One morning I woke up and had the impulse to try the following technique out. I went into the symptoms and tried to understand them. This gave me a deeper understanding of what I was going through and I am now following what that technique taught me with much success.
Here is what I did:
1. I took 3 blank pages and a pen. I first started writing whatever came up to my mind on the spot. Nobody was ever going to read what I was writing down so I allowed myself to write anything down with the intention of emptying my mind of all superficial things. At one point the moment naturally came and I felt I had nothing more to write down about superficial things: my mind calmed down and I was now more in contact with my inner self.
2. I chose one disease I wanted to work on, eczema.
3. I wrote down on those pages anything that came up to my mind defining the symptoms of my eczema. Where it manifests, how it manifests. Anything linked to the merely physical and sensational aspects of it, like skin, hands, wrists, dry, itching... I kept on writing until I felt that was it.
4. I then went into writing down what those physical symptoms represented to me, for example the fact that it manifests on the skin made me think that it was linked to something happening in the external world that was directly in contact with me. The itching made me think about something irritating, something I wanted to get rid of. And so on until I felt I had no more else coming up to my mind.
5. I then put the two things together and followed my intuition toward the things that more resonated in me and asked myself the question: what is it in my life now that could create that in me? I kept on writing and had good answers to that question, and I also had none. (That’s OK. I still had the answer few days after!). I kept on writing until at least the 3 pages were filled up.
I still use this technique, with or without pen and paper, and the benefits are many. I now understand the language of my body, I know what it’s telling me when a certain physical sensation or manifestation appears. I know what I need to do to improve my life. I have realized that my eczema appears when I’m doing something or dealing with someone that I don’t like. It reminds me that I am doing something that I can’t support and should change the situation. The next step has then be to bring a change, sometimes saying no, or doing less, or finding a better way to decompress. And you know what, my symptoms have calmed down. Sure, it takes time, it’s not a 1 day fix, but it works on me. First it’s understanding what it is, then finding a solution and then acting. Once all these three are done then the symptoms start to calm down, at least on me.
I am learning a new language and a new world is opening up.
If you are experiencing any physical issue that you struggle in healing, I would love to hear from you. I would be honoured if you tried this out and let me know your experience. It is helping me a lot and it would be great if this could help others too. Simply allow yourself to be in the disease, and open up to the messages that it’s trying to give you. Remember, it’s what you think not what others think. Do it by yourself, nobody else than you could know. We are all different and we all perceive things differently. Trust yourself, you know. Please note that this is an experiment and it’s not a substitute of treatments.
May all beings be healthy.